Monday, May 14, 2012

Why I signed my daughter over. (A letter to my Cecilia)

     Your great grandma, grandma and mother all did their best to make you see me as nothing more to you than a stranger. They made me believe you didn't want me as your dad and that you were scared of me and didn't want to see me, and that by seeing you, I was doing harm to you mentally and you had to go to thearpy for it. By making me think I was hurting you, I signed you over to them. Not by any real choice of my own, the guilt they put on me and the difficulties they made in just seeing you, coupled with my health at the time, they knew what they were doing. From the moment you were born, all they've ever said to me was "If you love her, you'll let her go." I thought I was doing the right thing. I was wrong. I DO want to be in your life, and all I can do is hope that someday, it'll happen. In the meantime, from what I've seen, Your Awesome! Your Beautiful! and I'm happy to know your happy. Friend me, write me, anything, anytime. I'm always here for you. Least 'til I'm dead. Then I'll be like Ghost Dad and watch over you. (Or Obi-Wan Kenobi, when he's a blue spirit thingy, way cooler.) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment